.

#246:  Rancho San Antonio (Peralta Grant)

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

In city park along E 14th St, San Leandro

37.727098,-122.1579

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:


From the plaque:

Governor Pablo de Sola, last Spanish governor of California, awarded the San Antonio Grant to Don Luis Maria Peralta on August 13, 1820, in recognition of forty years of service. From this point northward the Grant embraced over 43,000 acres. Now occupied by the cities of San Leandro, Oakland, Alameda, Emeryville, Piedmont, Berkeley, and Albany

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the City of San Leandro, The Club Iberico Espanol, The Sociedad de Agustina de Aragon, and the Supreme Council of U.P.E.C., March 14, 1970.



©2009 David Schmitt