.

#46:  Vallejo Flour Mill

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Location:

Vallejo Mill Historical Park, NE corner Niles Canyon Rd and Mission Blvd (Hwy 238), Fremont

Plaque: 37.578626,-121.97742
Site: 37.577469,-121.97253

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

The plaque is not located in the park, but about 1/2 mile north on the west side of Mission Avenue.


From the Guidebook:

Vallejo Flour Mill

In 1856, Jose de Jesus Vallejo, brother of General M. G. Vallejo, built a flour mill here, on his Rancho Arroyo de la Alameda. Niles was once called 'Vallejo Mills.' The stone aqueduct built to carry water for the mill parallels Niles Canyon Road.


From the plaque:

Vallejo Flour Mill

Site of flour miss, Niles, built 1853 by Don Jose de Vallejo, brother of General Vallejo. On his Rancho Arroyo de La Alameda. Niles was once called 'Vallejo Mills.' Stone aqueduct carrying water for mill parallels Niles Canyon Road.

Department of Public Works - Division of Highways



©2009 David Schmitt