.

#925:  Peralta Hacienda Site

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>

Location:

2465 34th Ave, Oakland

37.787096,-122.217303

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:


From the Guidebook:

One of California's original Spanish colonists, Luis Peralta received the first and largest Mexican land grant. His hacienda was the nucleus of the Rancho de San Antonio, which covered the sites of seven present-day East Bay cities and reached to the Contra Costa frontier. The rancho's first permanent adobe was located here, and the 1870 Italianate frame house is one of two remaining Peralta buildings.



©2009 David Schmitt