.

#506:  The Community Methodist Church of Ione

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

150 W Marlette, Ione

38.350234,-120.934008

Plaque:

State plaque

Notes:

None


From the Plaque:

The cornerstone was laid in 1862 and the church, constructed of locally fired brick, was completed in 1866. Dedicated as the Ione City Centenary Church and later popularly known as the Cathedral of the Mother Lode, this church was the first to serve the people in the area.

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Amador County Historical Society and the Ione Community United Methodist Church, June 7, 1970.


David Schmitt