From the plaque:
Constructed by Peter L. Traver
in 1856. Oldest stone building in Murphys.
Iron shutters and sand on the roof protected it from
fires of 1859, 1874, and 1893. It served as general
store, a Wells Fargo office, and later, garage.
Monument erected by Chispa Parlor No. 139 of NSGW and Ruby Parlor No. 46 of NDGW. Dedicated July 19, 1953.