From the plaque:
This structure was erected
in 1852 by B. R. Prince and G. Garibardi for a general
merchandise business. Improved in 1857 with living quarters
on the second floor, it is still used for living and warehouse
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Princess Parlor No. 84, Native Daughters of the Golden West, July 31, 1960.