.

#356:  Castro Home

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

El Cerrito Plaza, 9800 San Pablo Ave, El Cerrito

37.898042,-122.301315

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

The plaque shown is at the location given in the guidebook. Nothing remains of the site.


From the Guidebook:

The El Cerrito adobe, as it was known because it was built near the north bank of El Cerrito Creek, was one of the adobes built by the Castro family on Rancho San Pablo. It was destroyed by fire in April 1956.


From the plaque:

This monument marks the southern boundary of the Rancho San Pablo

17,938 acres granted by Governor Jose Figueroa to Don Fancisco Maria Castro June 12, 1834

Erected by Oakland Junior Chamber of Commerce and Troop 26, Explorers, Boy Scouts of America Ferro Porcelain • A.D.1937


From the plaque:

This monument marks the northern boundary of the Rancho San Antonio

43,473 acres granted by Governor Pablo Vicente de Sola acting for the King of Spain to Don Luis Marie Peralta August 3, 1820

Erected by Oakland Junior Chamber of Commerce and Troop 26, Explorers, Boy Scouts of America Ferro Porcelain • A.D.1937



©2009 David Schmitt