.

#544:  Fort Ter-Wer

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

Intersection of Ter-Wer Riffle and Klamath Glen Rds, Klamath

41.510128,-123.988352

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the plaque:

Site of Fort Terwer, United States military post established October 12, 1857 by First Lieutenant George Crook and men of Company D to keep peace between the Indians and whites. The fort was destroyed by a flood in December 1861, and abandoned June 10, 1862.

Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Del Norte County Historical Society, May 20, 1961.



2009 David Schmitt