.

#545:  Camp Lincoln

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

Kings Valley Rd, 1.2 mi NE of Hwy 199, Crescent City

41.819688,-124.135746

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the plaque:

A United States military post was established here September 12, 1862 by the men of Company G, 2nd Regiment, Infantry, California Volunteers, to keep peace between the Indians and the miners and settlers of northwestern California. It was abandoned in May 1870. Commanding officers' quarters and one barracks remain at the date of dedication of this site.

Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Del Norte County Historical Society, May 20, 1962.



2009 David Schmitt