.

#767:  Methodist Episcopal Church

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

1031 Thompson Way near Cedar Ravine St, Placerville

38.728268,-120.794162

 

 

Plaque:

Private wooden Plaque

Notes:

None


From the sign:

Erected in 1851, Oldest church building in El Dorado County. It originally stood on the corner of Cedar Ravine and Main Street. The Ponderosa Pine beams are hand hewn. First church bell was purchased from the sailing ship "Staffordshire." Restored by public contribution.

Dedicated July 30, 1961. Rededicated October 13, 1996. Plaque presented by El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce.



©2009 David Schmitt