.

#146:  Trinidad Head

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

End of Lighthouse Rd, Trinidad. Cross located on far side of hill on trail.

41.052819,-124.150273

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

On June 11, 1775, Bruno de Hezeta, commandant of an expedition up the northwest coast, marched with his men and two Franciscan fathers from the shore of the bay to the summit of Trinidad Head. Here they erected a cross and took possession in the name of Charles III of Spain.


From the cross:

Carolus III Dei G. Hyspaniarum Rex

June 9, 1775

Replaced by Club Women of Humboldt Co. Sept 9, 1913



2009 David Schmitt