.

#300:  Rose Station

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

NE corner of Grapevine Rd and Rose Station St, Grapevine

34.941262,-118.932541

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

None


From the plaque:

Wm. B. Rose, in 1875, a mile east; built an adobe stage station on the site of the Overland Mail Way Station established 1858. From 1853 to 1875 site was known as Rancho Canoa (trough). Originally vaquero camp of the Sebastian Indian Reservation. Rose Station was a stockmen's headquarters, post office, and polling place.

Dedicated November 16, 1941 Bakersfield Parlor No.42, N.S.G.W., El Tejon Parlor No.239, N.D.G.W., Kern County Historical Society, Kern County Chamber of Commerce, Department of Natural Resources Reg. No.300, State of California



©2009 David Schmitt