From the Guidebook:
Kern County's oldest residence. Built before Civil War by Thomas Fitzgerald as trading post at junction of two Indian trails. Present Greenhorn Road follows east - west trail (later McFarlane Toll Road) to Kern River mining districts. Town named in 1857 after James Madison Glenn, an early settler.
Building and land donated to Kern County by
Mr. and Mrs. Hal Duval
Marker placed by California State Division of Beaches and Parks in cooperation with Kern County Historical Society, El Tejon Parlor No.239 N.D.G.W., Kern County Museum
Dedicated March 23, 1952