From the plaque:
In 1854, John C. Reid filed
a squatter's claim on this spot - the same year Kern County's
first school class was held here. In 1859, David Lavers,
with his father and brother, John, built a hotel and stage
barn on the old Bull Road. The crossing was the principal
community in Linn's Valley until about 1870.
Dedicated Dec. 13, 1959. Marker placed by Kern County Historical Society, El Tejon Parlor No.239 N.D.G.W., and Kern County Museum.