#206:  El Adobe de Los Robles Rancho

<< 1 >>


10036 19-1/2 Ave, SW corner State Hwy 41 and Lacey Blvd, 3 mi N of Lemoore





State Plaque



From the plaque:

This restored adobe, second oldest in San Joaquin Valley, was built by Daniel Rhoades, who came to California in 1846 by overland caravan. Rhoades and his brother, John, were among organizers of the first expedition that attempted to rescue Donner party at Donner Lake. Adobe built in 1856, has had continued occupancy since.

Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission, base furnished by Kings County Centennials Committee. Dedicated February 4, 1950.

©2009 David Schmitt