.

#450:  Stone House

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Location:

Plaque at NE corner Hwy 29 and Hidden Valley Rd, 5.3 mi N of Middletown, site located at 18174 Hidden Valley Rd, Hidden Valley Lake

Plaque: 38.809508,-122.572713
Site: 38.808248,-122.569907

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

Site located in gated community. Visitors may tour on designated dates.


From the plaque:

Oldest building in Lake County, the Stone House was erected of stone in 1853-54 by Robert Sterling, whose wife was first white woman in Coyote Valley. Rebuilt in 1894. Headquarters of the Guenoc land grant and the first store in the valley.

Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission. Base furnished by County of Lake. Dedicated May 30, 1950



2009 David Schmitt