.

#151:  Campo de Cahuenga

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>

Location:

3919 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood

34.139763,-118.36227

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

'Here was made the Treaty of Cahuenga by General Andrés Pico, commanding forces for Mexico, and Lieutenant-Colonel J. C. Frémont, U.S. Army, for the United States. By this treaty, agreed upon January 13th, 1847, the United States acquired California - finally secured to us by the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, made February 2nd, 1848.' This legend was written February 9, 1898 by Mrs. Jessie Benton Frémont.


From a plaque:

On the site of this building was signed the peace treaty agreement between Mexico and the United States by Gen. Andres Pico and Lt. Col. John Fremont January 13, 1847. This building erected 1950 by the Department of Recreation and Parks, City of Los Angeles.

Plaque placed by San Fernando Valley Historical Society.


From a plaque:

Site where Andres Pico, representing the California forces, capitulated to John C. Fremont, representing the American ground forces, in the treaty of Cahuenga Pass, January 13, 1847.

Los Angeles Parlor No. 45, N.S.G.W. Dedicated by the Native Sons of the Golden West, James M. Smith, Grand President January 11, 1981.



©2009 David Schmitt