From the plaque:
Central portion of the
ranchhouse was built in 1826 by Manuel Domínguez.
Rancho San Pedro, ten square leagues granted provisionally
by Governor Fages to Juan José Domínguez
in 1784. Regranted by Governor Solá to Cristobal
Domínguez in 1822. Battle of Domínguez
Ranch, fought on this rancho October 8 and 9, 1846, Californians
led by José Antonio Carrillo repelled the United States
forces under Captain William Mervine, U.S. Navy, in an
attempt to recapture the Pueblo of Los Angeles.
Plaque placed April 25th, 1945 by Californiana Parlor No. 247, N.D.G.W. in cooperation with Board of Supervisors of the County of Los Angeles. California State Park Commission.