From the Guidebook:
Mission San Fernando Rey
de España was founded by Father Lasuén in
September 8, 1797. A house belonging to Francisco Reyes,
on Encino Rancho, furnished temporary shelter for the
missionary in charge. An adobe chapel, built and blessed
in December 1806, was damaged by the destructive earthquake
of 1812 - a new church was completed in 1818.