.

#235:  Casa Adobe de San Rafael

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

1330 Dorothy Dr, Glendale

34.166044,-118.263845

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

In October 1784, José María Verdugo petitioned Pedro Fages, Governor of Alta California, for a grant of land. This grant was the first and one of the largest made. When parts of Rancho San Rafael were sold, Tomás Sánchez, Sheriff of Los Angeles County, purchased a tract of 100 acres and in 1865 built this artistic adobe of the hacienda type, restored in 1932.



©2009 David Schmitt