From the Guidebook:
The Old Mill, El Molino Viejo,
was designed by Father José María Zalvidea
and built of fired bricks and adobe about 1816 to serve
Mission San Gabriel. Another grist mill was built in 1823
near the mission and the old mill was gradually abandoned
- it passed from mission control in 1846. The property
remained in private hands until 1903, when Henry E. Huntington
bought the building and used it for a golf clubhouse.
Later owners, Mr. and Mrs. James Brehm, had the mill restored
in 1928 by Frederick Rupple.