From the Guidebook:
Erected during mission days,
1792-1805, this is the second oldest adobe in this region.
Originally 'L'-shaped, it is now only half its original
size. In 1859, the adobe became the property of Don Jean
Vigare and in the early 1860s, as San Gabriel's first
bakery, it was separated from the mission's lime orchard
by a high cactus wall.