.

#536:  Original Building of the University of Southern California

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Location:

Widney Hall Alumni House, University of Southern CA, Childs Way at Pardee Way, Los Angeles

34.019421,-118.282894

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

Dedicated on September 4, 1880, this original building of the University of Southern California has been continuously in use for educational purposes since October 6, 1880, when its doors were first opened to students by the university's first president, Marion McKinley Bovard. The building was constructed under the guiding hand of Judge Robert M. Widney, the university's leading founder, on land donated by Ozro W. Childs, John G. Downey, and Isaias W. Hellman.



©2009 David Schmitt