From the Guidebook:
Erected by the Gilroy family
in 1876, this building was purchased in 1902 by George
T. Webber, who operated it as teh Western Hotel. The Lancaster
Chamber of Commerce was organized in its dining room.
Between 1905 and 1913, construction crews of the Los Angeles-Owens
River Aqueduct were housed here, and it became a center
of commercial and social activity in the early life of