.

#664:  "Heritage House"

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

NW corner of Willowbrook Ave and Myrrh St, Compton

33.892797,-118.224599

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

Plaque and site are located on private land and access restricted. Both are visible from the street at a distance.


From the Guidebook:

As originally built in 1869 by A. R. Loomis, the house had only two rooms, but other rooms were added by subsequent occupants. It was marked as the 'Oldest House in Compton' in 1955 - in 1957, it was purchased by the city and moved from 209 South Acacia Street to its present site. It has been restored, refurnished, and renamed by the citizens of Compton as a tribute to early settlers of the community.



©2009 David Schmitt