.

#689:  Los Encinos State Historic Park

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Location:

Los Encinos State Historic Park, 16756 Moorpark St, Encino

34.160173,-118.498881

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

Access to park restricted to operating hours. Photo 4 shows the plaque in the distance. Photo 5 is from before major renovations.


From the Guidebook:

The Franciscan padres used Encino as their headquarters while exploring the valley before establishing Mission San Fernando in 1797. In 1849 Vincente de la Osa built an adobe with nine rooms. The next owner of El Encino Rancho was Eugene Garnier, who built the existing two-story limestone house in 1872. In December 1891 Domingo Amestoy acquired the property.



©2009 David Schmitt