.

#730:  Old Plaza Firehouse

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historic Monument, 501 N Los Angeles St

34.056027,-118.238785

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

Dedicated to the firemen of the Los Angeles Fire Department-past, present, and future-who, by their courage and faithful devotion to duty, have protected the lives and property of the citizens of Los Angeles from the ravages of fire since 1871. This was the first building constructed as a fire station in Los Angeles. Built in 1884, it served as a firehouse until 1897. After this it was used for various purposes until restored in 1960 and opened as a museum of fire-fighting equipment of the late 19th century.



©2009 David Schmitt