From the Guidebook:
The Butterfield Overland
Mail Company took an option on this piece of property
in August 1858 and acquired it on December 7, 1859. A
large brick building containing offices and living quarters,
with shops and stables in the rear, was completed in 1860.
With the exception of the station at El Paso, Texas, this
was the largest and best equipped station on the entire