From the plaque:
In 1853, Timothy Murphy,
Irish-born pioneer of Marin County, gave 317 acres of
land to Archbishop Alemany for educational purposes. Here
the Sisters of Charity in 1855 founded a school that,
as St. Vincent's School for Boys, has been maintained
and enlarged by successive archbishops of San Francisco.
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Marin Committee on History and Landmarks of the Native Sons and Native Daughters of the Golden West, October 19, 1958.