From the plaque:
The Outdoor Art Club was
designed in 1904 by Bernard Maybeck, internationally known
American architect. Particularly notable for its unusual
roof truss system, the building exemplifies Maybeck's
creative use of natural materials. The Club, founded in
1902 by 35 Mill Valley women, is dedicated to preserving
the area's natural environment.
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation with the Outdoor Art Club, April 26, 1979.