Go to: Mariposa
| Home | Search
On small auxiliary rd on right, 500 ft SE of intersection of State Hwy 49 (P.M. 16. 7) and Ben Hur Rd, 1.8 mi S of Mariposa Plaque located at entrance to fairgrounds on Fairground Road.
From the Guidebook:
Mormon Bar was first mined in 1849 by members of the Mormon Battalion. They, however, stayed only a short time and their places were taken at once by other miners. Later, thousands of Chinese worked the same ground over again.