.

#135:  Mission San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

SW corner of Lasuen Dr and Rio Rd, Carmel

36.543034,-121.919955

 

 

Plaque:

No Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

Mission San Carlos was established by Father Serra on June 3, 1770 at the Presidio of Monterey. Finding this location unsuitable, Serra moved the mission to Carmel Valley. In July 1771 he set to work constructing temporary buildings at the new site, and in December 1771 the mission was moved to its permanent location.



2009 David Schmitt