.

#359:  Old Bale Mill

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Location:

Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park, Hwy 29 (P.M. 32.1), 3369 N St. Helena Hwy, 3 mi NW of St. Helena

38.540621,-122.509980

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

This historic gristmill was erected by Dr. E. T. Bale, grantee of Carne Humana Rancho, in 1846. The mill, with surrounding land, was deeded to the Native Sons of the Golden West by Mrs. W. W. Lyman, and was restored through the efforts of the Native Son Parlors of Napa County.


From the plaque:

This historic grist mill known as the "Bale Mill" was erected by Dr. E.T. Bale, Grantee Carne Humana Rancho, in 1846. The mill with its surrounding land was deeded to the Native Sons of the Golden West by Mrs. W.W. Lyman. Restored through the efforts of the Native Son Parlors of Napa County. Under the leadership of past Grand President Bismark Bruck, a grandson of Dr. Bale, and by the Historic Landmarks Committee of the Native Sons of the Golden West. The restored mill was dedicated June 21, 1925.

Tablet placed by Historic Landmarks Committee, Native Sons of the Golden West.



2009 David Schmitt