.

#687:  Napa Valley Railroad Depot

<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

1458 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga

38.579836,-122.578243

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

The Napa Valley Railroad depot, now the Southern Pacific depot, was built in 1868. Its roundhouse across Lincoln Avenue is gone. On its first trip, this railroad brought people to Calistoga for the elaborate opening of Brannan's summer resort in October 1868.


From the plaque:

Built by Sam Brannan for the Napa Valley Railroad in 1868 one year before the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad. Second oldest remaining railroad station in California. Northern terminus of the Napa Valley Railroad and its successors the Napa Valley Branches of the Central Pacific Railroad and the Southern Pacific Railroad.

Dedicated March 17, 1979 Sam Brannan Chapter No.1004 E Clampus Vitus



2009 David Schmitt