.

#878:  First Presbyterian Church Building

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Location:

1333 3rd St between Randolph and Franklin Sts, Napa

38.296456,-122.286841

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the plaque:

Designed by pioneer architects R.H. Daly and Theodore Eisen, this church is an outstanding example of late Victorian Gothic architectural styling. It is the best surviving example in this region of early works associated with Eisen, who later became an important Southern California architect. The First Presbyterian Church has been in continuous use since its construction in 1874. Longest early Pastorates are Richard Wylie and Erwin Bollinger.

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Napa County Historical Society, May 18, 1975.



2009 David Schmitt