.

#899:  National Hotel

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

211 Broad St, Nevada City

39.262341,-121.017953

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

The National Exchange Hotel opened for business on August 20, 1856, the exterior is virtually unchanged since its construction as three brick buildings in 1856. The National is one of the oldest continuously operating hotels west of the Rockies.


From the plaque:

This hotel, one of the oldest in continuous operation west of the Rockies, opened for business in August, 1856. Originally known as The “Bicknell Block”. The structure consists of three common-walled buildings of simple brick construction embellished with classic revival and wrought iron railing ornamentation.

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with The Nevada County Landmarks Commission, June 30, 1976.



©2009 David Schmitt