#0120 Dersch Homestead


#0120 Dersch Homestead

Site information:

Dersch Rd at Bear Creek, 10 mi E of Anderson

40.486191, -122.151329

Plaque information:

State plaque

Plaque text:

Dersch Homestead

Here in 1850 'Doc' Baker established a stopping place for emigrants on the Lassen and Nobles Trails. George and Anna Maria Dersch took up a homestead on the land in 1861. A history of troubled relations between Indians and settlers led to an Indian raid on the ranch in 1866 in which Mrs. Dersch was killed. A posse was formed and killed most of the Indians at their Dye Creek Camp.

First Registered March 31, 1933. Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Shasta Historical Society, the Hollis Moss Historical Fund and Trinitarianus Chapter #62 E Clampus Vitus May 15, 1999.

Registered 3/31/1933