#0664 "Heritage House"


#0664 "Heritage House"

Site information:

NW corner of Willowbrook Ave and Myrrh St, Compton

Plaque and site are located on private land and access restricted. Both are visible from the street at a distance.


Plaque information:

State plaque

Plaque text:

Heritage House

The original house of two rooms was built in 1869 by A.R. Loomis. Other rooms were added by successive occupants. It was marked as the "Oldest House in Compton" in 1955; purchased by the city June 11, 1957; and removed from 209 South Acacia Street to its present site in that year. Restored, refurnished, and renamed by the citizens of Compton as a tribute to early settlers of the community, it was presented to the public April 14, 1958.

Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Compton City Council; Compton Parlor, Native Daughters of the Golden West; and Heritage House Auxiliary, April 12, 1959.

Registered 11/5/1958