Site information:Canada Rd, 1.3 mi. N of Edgwood Rd, 5 mi N of Woodside
Plaque information:State plaque
Fight - Love - Live
This country estate was begun in 1915 for Mr. and Mrs. William B. Bourn, II. Architect Willis J. Polk designed a modified Georgian style country house, subsequently the carriage house and garden pavilion were executed by Arthur Brown. The formal gardens were created by Bruce Porter. In 1937 the estate was acquired by Mr. and Mrs. William P. Roth.
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the National Trust for Historic Preservation and with teh Filoli Center, July 21, 1980.