#0206 El Adobe de los Robles Rancho


#0206 El Adobe de los Robles Rancho

Site information:

19666 Lacey Blvd, just W of Hwy 41, Lemoore


Plaque information:

State plaque

Plaque text:

El Adobe de los Robles Rancho

This restored adobe, second oldest in San Joaquin Valley, was built by Daniel Rhoades, who came to California in 1846 by overland caravan. Rhoades and his brother, John, were among organizers of the first expedition that attempted to rescue Donner party at Donner Lake. Adobe built in 1856, has had continued occupancy since.

Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission, base furnished by Kings County Centennials Committee. Dedicated February 4, 1950.

Registered 6/20/1935