#0267 Mitchler Hotel

Title

#0267 Mitchler Hotel

Site information:

457 Main at Algiers St, Murphys

38.13762,-120.464933

Plaque information:

State plaque

Plaque text:

Murphys Hotel

James L. Sperry and John Perry opened the Sperry and Perry Hotel August 20, 1856. In 1881 Henry Atwood and then Harvey Blood owned it. In 1882, the Mitchler family renamed it the Mitchler Hotel. In 1945, the McKimins' changed its name to Murphys Hotel. In 1963, a College of the Pacific group purchased it. One of the oldest operating hotels in California.

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with Murphys A & Q Inc. (Owners), September 18, 1980.

Registered 9/3/1937

Collection

Geolocation