.

#204:  Old Santa Ana

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

NW corner of Lincoln Ave and Orange Olive Rd, Orange

33.836572,-117.846342

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

Portola camped on bank of Santa Ana River in 1769. Jose Antonio Yorba, member of expedition, later returned to Rancho Santiago de Santa Ana. El Camino Real crossed river in this vicinity. Place was designated Santa Ana by travelers, and known by that name until present town of Santa Ana was founded.

California State Park Commission



©2009 David Schmitt