.

#614:  Stanford-Lathrop Home

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Location:

Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park, 800 N St, Sacramento

38.576412,-121.497933

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

The house was originally designed in 1857 by Seth Babson and was purchased by Leland Stanford in 1861. It served as the state executive office from 1861 to 1867, before the completion of the State Capitol. It was later extensively remodeled and enlarged. In 1900 Jane Lathrop Stanford gave the house to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento to create the Stanford-Lathrop Memorial Home for Friendless Children.



2009 David Schmitt