.

#633-2:  Old Folsom Powerhouse - Sacramento Station A

<< 1 2 >>

Location:

NE corner of 6th and H Sts, Sacramento

38.583988,-121.497640

 

 

Plaque:

State Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

The first distribution point of electricity for a major city, Station A was constructed in 1894 by the Sacramento Electric Power and Light Company to receive power generated from Folsom Powerhouse. The first transmission of electricity was on July 13, 1895. This power distribution network resulted in the first overhead wire streetcar system in the Central Valley.



2009 David Schmitt