.

#579:  Daley Toll Road Monument

<< 1 >>

Location:

On State Hwy 18 (P.M. 23.3), at Daley Canyon Rd, 0.6 mi E of Rim Forest

34.230578,-117.215882

 

 

Plaque:

Private Plaque

Notes:

None


From the Guidebook:

The Daley Road, built by Edward Daley and Co. in 1870, was one of the first roads into the San Bernardino Mountains that could accommodate wagons. It was a toll road until 1890, when it became a county road. Now a Forest Service fire road, it is not open to the public.


From the plaque:

The Daley Road, built by Edward Daley & Company 1870. Erected by Arrowhead Parlor No. 110, N.S.G.W. and Lugonia Parlor 271, N.D.G.W. Dedicated July 4, 1935



©2009 David Schmitt