From the plaque:
In March 1928, the Federal
Government established the first and only experimental
station in the United States devoted solely to research
on the breeding and raising of rabbits on a five-acre
property donated by A. B. Miller of Fontana. The station
successfully pioneered new techniques of rabbit care and
breeding. In 1965, the City of Fontana acquired the property
for use as a senior citizens facility.
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Fontana Historical Society, City of Fontana, and Billy Holcomb Chapter ECV, June 3, 1984.