Ranch (Rancho de los Kiotes)
Between 1937 and 1940, these adobe and wood buildings
were built by actor Leo Carrillo as a retreat, working
ranch, and tribute to old California culture and architecture.
The Leo Carrillo Ranch, with its Flying 'LC' brand, originally
covered 2,538 acres and was frequented by Carrillo and
his friends until 1960. Leo Carrillo was a strong, positive,
and well-loved role model who sought to celebrate California's
early Spanish heritage, through a life of good deeds and
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the City of Carlsbad, Friends of Carrillo Ranch and and Squibob Chapter, E Clampus Vitus, August 6, 1996.