.

#60:  Casa de Lopez

60
<< 1 2 3 >>

Location:

3890 Twiggs St, Old Town, San Diego

32.751935,-117.197021

Plaque:

State Plaque

Links:

Old Town SHP Homepage

Notes:

Casa de Lopez is located at the south end of Twiggs street, and is now a Rockin' Baja Lobster restaurant. The plaque is located on the wall by the front door.


Plaque Text:

Casa de Lopez

Built by Juan Francisco Lopez, one of San Diego’s early Spanish settlers, the casa larga, or long house, was among the first substantial houses built in the pueblo of San Diego. About 1836, it was the home of Juan Matias Moreno, secretary to Pio Pico, California’s last Mexican governor.

Plaque erected by California State Park Commission



©2009 David Schmitt