.

#616:  Las Flores Asistencia

616
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Location:

Camp Pendleton Marine Base, plaque located on hill 1,000 ft W of Boy Scouts Camp, located on Stuart Mesa Rd, near Las Pulgas Rd

33.299869,-117.460617

Plaque:

State Plaque

Links:

From MissionTour
From Mission Trail Today

Notes:

Located on Camp Pendleton Marine Base, therefore site has limited access.


Plaque Text:

Las Flores (San Pedro) Asistencia

From 1823 to the 1840s, the tile-roofed adobe chapel and hostel at Las Flores, built by Father Antonio Peyrí, served as the asistencia to Mission San Luís Rey and provided comfort to travelers on El Camino Real. The adobe structure and adjacent corral were the site of the April 1838 battle between Juan Bautista Alvarado and Carlos Antonio Carrillo contesting the provincial governorship of Alta California.

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the U.S. Marine Corps and Squibob Chapter, E Clampus Vitus, September 17, 1983.



©2009 David Schmitt