Casa de Carrillo
Presidio Comandante Francisco María Ruiz built this house
next to his 1808 pear garden lake in 1821 for his close
relative and fellow soldier, Joaquín Carrillo, and his
large family. From this adobe dwelling, in April 1829,
daughter Josefa Carrillo eloped to Chile with Henry Delano
Fitch. When Ruiz died in 1839 and Joaquín soon afterwards,
son Ramon Carrillo sold this property to Lorenzo Soto.
It was transferred several times before 1932, deteriorating
gradually, until George Marston and associates restored
the house and grounds and deeded them to the City of San
Diego as a golf course.
First registered December 6, 1932. Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the San Diego City Department of Parks and Recreation and Squibob Chapter, E Clampus Vitus, August 6, 1994.